1. Your tongue has a unique print similar to your fingerprints.
2. Your brain is more active at night than during the day.
3. If you squeezed out all of the bacteria from your intestines, you could almost fill up a coffee mug.
4. Undertakers report that human bodies do not deteriorate as quickly as they used to. The reason, they believe, is that the modern diet contains so many preservatives that these chemicals tend to prevent the body from decomposition too rapidly after death.
5. Facial hair grows faster than any other hair on the human body, which explains the 5 o clock shadow that men get.
6. The storage capacity of human brain exceeds 4 Terabytes.
7. The acid in your stomach, that which helps digest your food, is strong enough to dissolve razor blades! Don’t try swallowing metal objects to prove this, but hydrochloric acid (found in the stomach) can dissolve a variety of metals.
8. Women’s hearts beat faster than men’s due to having a smaller area to pump blood to.
9. Your stomach lining replaces itself every three to four days. If it did not do this your stomach would digest itself. If you have ever had a stomach ulcer you will know how painful this is.
10. A scientist discovered this weird medical fact – the left lung is smaller than the right lung to make room for the heart.
11. During your lifetime you will produce enough saliva to full up two swimming pools.
12. Every time you sneeze it reaches speeds of over 100mph, which is why people struggle to keep their eyes open when they sneeze.
13. This random medical fact is one for the ladies – women have a better sense of smell than men and continue to have a better sense of smell throughout their lives.
14. Everyone has a unique smell, except for identical twins.
15. The attachment of the human skin to muscles is what causes dimples.
16. In 1972, a group of scientists reported that you could cure the common cold by freezing the big toe.
17. The number one cause of blindness in the world is diabetes.
18. People who laugh a lot are much healthier than those who don't. Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones, and strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds have it best - they laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.
19. In 1815 French chemist Michael Eugene Chevreul realized the first link between diabetes and sugar metabolism when he discovered that the urine of a diabetic was identical to grape sugar.
20. The first Band-Aid Brand Adhesive Bandages were three inches wide and eighteen inches long. You made your own bandage by cutting off as much as you needed.
21. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 18 million courses of antibiotics are prescribed for the common cold in the United States per year. Research shows that colds are caused by viruses. 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.
22. It takes an interaction of 72 different muscles to produce human speech.
23. The first known heart medicine was discovered in an English garden. In 1799, physician John Ferriar noted the effect of dried leaves of the common plant, digitalis purpurea, on heart action. Still used in heart medications, digitalis slows the pulse and increases the force of heart contractions and the amount of blood pumped per heartbeat.
24. Coca-Cola contained Coca (whose active ingredient is cocaine) from 1885 to 1903.
25. Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine It was known as Dr Miles Compound Extract of tomato.
© 2016 Doctors Hangout
сербский фeшн и lifestyle блоггер. Родилась в Белграде в 1970 году. В 1993 году окончила Российскую Экономическую Академию имени Г.В. Плеханова в Москве и прошла стажировку в Каннах и Милане. На родину вернулась в 1994 году , где начала свою карьеру журналистом и ведущей на телеканале “RTV Politika”. В процессе работы стала много времени уделять моде, красоте и lifestyle и была назначена директором специальных проектов сегмента премиум и люкс, в американскиx маркетинг компаниях GREY WORLDWIDE и DRAFTFCB. Последние два года пишет lifestyle и fashion блог для самого известного сербского торгового центра "Ušće” и руководит поддержкой и разработкой нестандартных креативных спецпроектов, реализовая опыт и творческий потенциал.